Location: Westfield, WI
Type of Employment: Full-time
Provides technical support for equipment operation and optimization to customers and Riesterer & Schnell employees.
- Provide operational support over the phone and in the field, as needed, for equipment and precision farming hardware
- Assist with the installation and setup of Precision Farming equipment
- Handle calls through the Precision Farming Hotline on assigned days and weekends
- Prior to equipment delivery, under the direction of the Product Specialist, verify equipment technology is configured correctly, software updates have been completed, and initial calibrations have been properly completed.
- At equipment delivery, complete necessary infield calibrations, optimize the equipment to meet the customer expectations and train the customer on the operation and adjustment of the equipment.
- Following equipment delivery, follow up with customers to ensure equipment is meeting their expectations.
- Assist the service department with other duties when not focused on Precision Ag or Equipment Optimization
- Accurately documents time and work performed on forms provided in a legible and complete manner.
- Remain up-to-date on equipment, problem solutions, agronomy trends and other ways to provide customers with the best possible value.
- Attend company meetings, clinics, training, and other special events and participate in a positive manner.
- Maintain office, company vehicle and other assigned areas in a clean, neat and safe manner. Keep vehicles up to date on oil changes and washes to promote a positive company image.
- Present a positive, professional image through dress and conduct at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical Diploma or Associates Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Mechanization, or Precision Agriculture or equivalent work-related experience required.
- Prior experience operating and/or setting up agricultural equipment outfitted with Precision Agriculture technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of agriculture equipment operation required.
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization, and the general public as well.
- Strong general computer skills with the ability to learn and use job-specific software programs required.
- Ability to lead and influence other people, without direct authority.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid drivers license and insurable driving history.