Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-time
Manages sales functions of customer segment including the implementation of the Sales Department objectives and sales processes for complete goods. Responsible for all sales metrics, new hires, and retains & effectively engages department personnel.
- Manages and coaches sales professionals to implement the sales process.
- Creates development plans for sales professionals which includes identifying training needs.
- Develops and executes the Sales Department metrics and goals.
- Identifies and executes best practices throughout the sales department that drives optimal financial, market and customer performance.
- Develop and implement incentive plans for sales team and customers.
- Works with Parts and Service Managers to promote customer satisfaction.
- Represents the company for the sale of equipment, parts, labor and technology-based products and services to assigned customer accounts.
- Maintains current product knowledge of all equipment to assigned customer accounts.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing and risk management options to assist customer accounts with securing the purchase of a solution.
- Ensures that consistent sales process is followed for each customer segment.
- Provides input to the Marketing Manager in the development of the whole goods marketing strategy for their region or customer segment.
- Responsible for assuring that the assigned Sales Reps are achieving the following corporate goals:
- Market Share Growth
- Customer Satisfaction
- Monitor monthly Market Share tracking system for small ag and CCE.
- Provide direct sales management to Sales Reps as needed
- Ensures that the policies, procedures, and processes of the organization are being implemented in a consistent manner at the store/department level.
- Keeps up to date on manufacturer promotions and maximizes them to the customer’s dealership’s advantage.
- Works with other Corporate Sales Managers to identify and execute best practices.
- Represents the Riesterer & Schnell and John Deere brands in a positive, professional manner always.
- Presents a positive, professional image in dress and conduct at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing Business Administration, Agri-Business or related field preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five years equipment sales and management experience.
- Knowledge of John Deere and competitive equipment as well as technology trends/advancements
- Ability to teach and coach sales professionals on selling techniques and sales processes
- Ability to use Deere sales computer applications and tools
- Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office and Deere systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports