Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full-time
The data agronomist is responsible for sales and support of the Riesterer & Schnell Data Management programs. They ensure that quality data is coming in from equipment and help customers use that data to make economic and agronomic decisions.
- Develop sales and marketing plan for data management services
- Follow-up on leads for potential sales of data management services
- Support Riesterer & Schnell analysis of machine data for customers
- Promote the use of the John Deere Operations Center as a central hub for data and JDLink as the preferred way to get the data into the Operations Center.
- Review in-season data collected daily for data management customers. Identify any issues with this data and work with customer and/or IS Consultant to correct the issue.
- Understand the use of John Deere Greenstar Displays as a method to collect quality data
- Evaluate data management software to offered to Riesterer & Schnell Customers
- Provide support to customers for data management software from John Deere and other providers chosen by Riesterer & Schnell.
- Assist customers with data cleanup and editing to make sure they have quality data to use for analysis
- Put together reports for customers as needed to help them understand the data they collected
- Coach customers and their advisors on the value of their data
- Conducts work in a safe manner, wearing safety glasses & steel toed shoes and following all company safety rules and guidelines.
- Maintains work area in a clean, neat and safe manner.
- Attend meetings and training events as assigned.
- Presents a positive, professional image in dress and conduct at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving history.
- Ability to comfortably use a computer and current Microsoft Office software programs required.
- Must have, or willing to obtain, their CCA (Certified Crop Advisor).
- Must have, or willing to obtain, their CCA Precision Ag Specialty.
- Previous experience with precision ag software and data required.
- Previous experience with precision ag hardware required.
Physical & Environmental
- Some work is performed in a shop setting/on farms with moving machinery where the ability to work with caution is required.
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet/dirty conditions.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, crawl, push, pull, etc. to get into, under and on top of machinery.
- Prior experience operating large equipment or be comfortable operating large equipment preferred.
- Some travel required between the stores, up to 50 percent depending on time of year.
- Ability to lift of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of 100 pounds maximum required.