Location: Marion, WI
Type of Employment: Full-time
Efficiently manages and directs all aspects of the Service Department operation to insure that all key measurables are met in a timely manner. These include, but are not limited to, sales volume, profitability, customer satisfaction, staffing and employee development, etc.
- Promptly waits on customers both over the phone and at the counter. Advises customers of repairs needed and estimated costs. Schedules all service work and assigns to the Technicians.
- Oversees work performed for quality assurance and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Reviews and charges out all service tickets, customer, internal and warranty in a timely manner.
- Assures that repair orders are paid for in a prompt manner. Works with other R&S staff on recovering past due accounts receivable.
- Promotes R&S current marketing programs to continually drive sales.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for Service Technicians and Service Writers. Schedules and supervises Service staff on a daily basis.
- Works with HR Manager and Regional Aftermarket Manager (RAM) on any staffing decision and/or concerns, as needed.
- Stays up-to-date on equipment changes and assures staff have the resources to remain current as well.
- Oversees all warranty claim procedures to assure they are done in a timely, efficient manner maximizing recovery from the manufacturer.
- Coordinates all training related efforts for Service Department staff, making sure people get signed up, coordinating travel between shops, and ensuring that learning paths are kept up to date.
- Maintains a neat, clean and safe shop, building, lot and other facilities. Responsible for assuring all facility repairs and maintenance are kept up-to-date and safe.
- Maintains and keeps current Service library manuals and bulletins, inventory of specialty tools, etc.
- Assures computer systems are maintained in an up-to-date manner too, installing updates as needed.
- Participates in customer clinics and other programs designed to educate customers and bring them into the dealership.
- Oversees the safety of all employees and the facilities in general. Promotes safety in a positive, proactive manner.
- Schedules periodic meetings with department staff to assure everyone is kept up-to-date. Attends and participates in management meetings as requested.
- Leads by example in working with other departments to assure customer needs are met
- Covers store hours of the assigned store, in the Service Dept. Oversees the after-hours program to assure customer calls are handled in a timely, efficient manner. Coordinates pages, responding to calls as needed.
- Overall responsibility for the facility being maintained in compliance with EPA, OSHA, USDOT, other governmental regulations and R&S policies.
- Presents a positive, professional manner in dress and conduct at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of previous related experience required.
- Knowledge of lawn and/or farm equipment preferred.
- Ability to lead and influence other people in a positive, proactive manner required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving history.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment required.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to utilize a computer and current software programs to complete job duties required.
Riesterer & Schnell is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.